Retail Analyst Georgetown in Washington, DC
With ongoing growth, Bluemercury has an ongoing need for analytical individuals to join its Planning Department. By leveraging his/her existing analytical abilities, and product knowledge acquired on the job, the successful candidate will assume full responsibility for maintaining correct inventories of core and seasonal products from selected vendors at all of Bluemercury's retail locations.
Experience & Other Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in a math-rich major
- 1-3 years of professional-level experience in an analytical role
- Superior Microsoft Excel skills -- demonstrated ability to translate analytical concepts or ad hoc requests into innovative original spreadsheets that generate and communicate actionable insights
- Ability to assume ownership of an assigned area of responsibility, anticipate difficulties and act proactively to avoid problems and improve performance
Personal qualities essential for success:
- Results-driven; deadline-oriented
- Eagerness to learn
- Curiosity and desire to explore and experiment; willingness to ask for help when appropriate
- Ability to develop priorities, goals and work plans; resilient enough to adapt plans in a fluid environment
- Attention to detail with tenacious follow-through
- Sense of the appropriate use of methods of communication -- personal visit, e-mail and phone
- Propensity to innovate and improve work processes
- Ability to anticipate needs of co-workers and management and pre-empt requests
- Ability to interact with all Bluemercury employees -- store staff, store managers and office staff
- Ability to learn new systems and tools quickly
Additional Desired Experiences:
- Retail planning or buying
- Beauty industry
- Database development using Access and SQL
- COGNOS and KWI
- Automation of manual processes
- Excel/Access application development
- Gather sales, budget, promotional and other data from multiple sources both quantitative and qualitative
- Analyze data. Continually assess the quality of the analytical output, adjusting algorithms to anticipate seasonality and product trendiness
- Forecast demand at the SKU/store level and determine appropriate replenishment quantities.
- Generate and transmit purchase orders; ensure fulfillment and timely delivery to stores.
- Continually monitor data and work product for anomalies and address each anomaly as appropriate
- Periodically review product performance and recommend changes to assortments that optimize sales and inventory turns
- Maintain relationships with assigned vendors
- Maintain up to date knowledge of all vendors' products
- Maintain completeness and accuracy of the database of products
- Respond to ad hoc requests and solve problems related to vendors' products
- Assist with ad hoc analyses and special projects as requested
Qualified applicants should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Only candidates of interest will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Bluemercury is an equal opportunity employer
Copyright © 2014 Bluemercury. All Rights Reserved.