Assistant Planner Georgetown in Washington, DC
With continuing growth, Bluemercury is always looking for talented, motivated professionals to join its team, learn its business and be a part of its future.
Experience & Other Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in a math-rich major; 0-2 years of experience in a professional setting
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills -- demonstrated ability to translate analytical concepts into an original spreadsheet
- Retail or beauty industry experience a plus
- Beauty Junkies desired!
Personal qualities essential for success
- Eagerness to learn
- Curiosity and desire to explore and experiment; willingness to ask for help when appropriate
- Ability to learn new systems and software tools quickly
- Willingness to take on any challenge
- Ability to develop priorities, goals and work plans; resilient enough to adapt plans in a fluid environment
- Attention to detail with tenacious follow-through
- Sense of the appropriate use of methods of communication -- personal visit, e-mail and phone
- Propensity to innovate and improve work processes
- Ability to anticipate needs of co-workers and management and pre-empt requests
The Planning Team is at the core of Bluemercury’s retail model – forecasting demand and purchasing all merchandise for all stores. In this entry-level position, you will be right in the thick of our fast-paced operation:
- learning our systems and practices,
- assisting Planners with all aspects of our daily and seasonal activities,
- and acquiring the knowledge, skills and insights which will position you for advancement in the company.
Qualified applicants should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Only candidates of interest will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Bluemercury, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Copyright © 2013 Bluemercury. All Rights Reserved.