The 8-Step / Makeup Lesson
Always start by setting the mood for your day with fragrance.
Step 1. Upper-Eye
To brighten the upper lid and guarantee that your shadow stays on all day, prime the eyelid with Eye Base Essentials.
Blend from lid to brow using a laydown brush and don’t forget the inner corner of the eye.
Step 2. Eye Liner & Shadow
- Define. To define and intensify the lash line, press and wiggle small dots of Intense Gel Eye Liner in between each individual lash (not on the waterline).
- Brighten. For added brightness, apply a light-toned shadow all over the upper eye using a laydown brush. Press for coverage and sweep to blend.
- Contour. To contour the crease of the eye, apply a medium-toned shadow using a tapered shadow brush. Place the brush on the outer corner of the brow bone. Work inward. Then blend back and forth in a windshield-wiper motion.
- To add more definition to the eye, line your upper lash line with a deep-toned eye shadow, pressing firmly with your precision or smudge eye lining brush. For water resistant wear, dampen your brush with Finish Line or use your Classic or Intense Gel Eye Liner pencils.
Step 3. Lashes
When applying mascara start at the base of the lash. Press and wiggle the wand back and forth as you work your way up through the tips.
Step 4. Triangle of Light™
To banish under-eye darkness and brighten the center of your face, apply your under-eye brightener in my signature Triangle of Light™. Simply create an upside-down triangle under the eye, fill it in, and blend with your finger, brush or sponge.
Step 5. Even Skin®
- Get Even. To even out your complexion, apply foundation starting where the most coverage is needed using a foundation brush or sponge.
- Get Set. Set your foundation with powder using a powder brush or a Professional Puff. This will also prep skin’s surface for a seamless application of face color.
Step 6. Face Color
- Define. To enhance your facial structure, using an angled face brush apply Bronzer in the shape of a C into a 3—from the widow’s peak to the apple of the cheek then around the jawline—and down onto the neck, blending well.
- Illuminate. For a lit-from-within glow, using a small face brush apply Highlight along the upper cheekbone or wherever you desire illumination.
- Brighten. To brighten your complexion, using a small face brush apply Blush to the high apple of your cheek—the fullest peak when you smile—blending slightly out but never beyond the eyebrow.
- Perfect. Apply a whisper of Translucent Finishing Powder to extend the wear of your face color and ensure it’s perfectly blended.
Step 7. Brows
Correct, shape, and fill in sparse areas of the brows. Depending on whether you want a natural or fully enhanced brow, always start by measuring where you want your brow to begin, arch and end. Using your Precision Brow Shaper, correct, shape and fill in your brows.
Step 8. Lips
- Prime. For the smoothest, lasting, non-feathering lip application, always prep lips with Flawless Lip® Primer.
- Define. For long-wear and more definition, define your lips with Lip Liner using the side of the pencil for the most natural look.
- Enhance lip color and fullness with Lip Color and/or Lip Gloss.